The health and safety of our members is a top priority here with us at Popcar.
In light of the recent developments with the ever-evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Popcar are taking action, and following the best advice from experts and the Department of Health to ensure our members can continue to use our vehicles.
While we have always had strict hygiene practices and cleanliness standards across the maintenance of our vehicles, we have implemented a number of additional, proactive health and safety measures to our rigorous regime. This includes:
- Increased frequency of cleaning our vehicles;
- At each visit our maintenance team will be using a disinfecting cleaning agent on high touch-point areas and surfaces including cleaning door handles, the keys/start buttons, steering wheel, switch gear, shifter, centre console, dashboard, cup holders, seat belts and anything else members touch;
- We are also actively tracking vehicles that receive more frequent use within the fleet, and will implement additional cleaning for those particular Popcars;
- Our maintenance team are aware and prepared to follow these increased hygiene standards and have also been instructed to wear a new pair of disposable gloves when attending and cleaning each vehicle, as well as sanitising and washing their hands before and after each interaction;
- All employees of Popcar have been advised to stay home is they feel unwell or have any suspicion that they have come into contact with the virus;
- Taking the necessary steps to protect both our valued members and employees by actively monitoring developments and following the advice from our government.
We also ask for your support in keeping our vehicles clean and safe, and encourage our members to follow the advice issued by the experts. This includes following precautions to reduce the general risk of infections by:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water;
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue, then throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth – hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses;
- Avoid using our vehicles if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.